Tuesday, August 08, 2017

This is My Pennsylvania - Mingo Indians AQ 284605

 This is a way out of the way park in the SW corner of Pennsylvania, almost in West Virginia.  This park was created to help fulfill Governor Gifford Pinchot's promise that there would be a state park within 25 miles of every citizen.  The park seems to be in a valley with all trails going steeply uphill.  I did find one trail which was fairly level at one point.  Park in the parking lot below.
 Cross the iron bridge.  Don't be startled as I was by the sound of unexpected voices.  I saw that fishermen liked to fish from under the bridge.
 When you reach this sign, choose the Iron Bridge Trail.
 Go up the little bit of elevation which was in a very pretty woods.
As you get close to the top, notice the tree below on the right side of the trail.  It is a thick trunked tree with many thick arms high above the trail.
 Closer picture.
 Soon, I think about 15 to 20 steps later, notice the tree configuration below.  I lost my directions so I am guessing at the distance.
Behind the V tree you will see two moss covered logs. Look in the V where the two logs meet.
  
Enjoy the bridge view on your way back to the car.

No comments: