Sunday, March 31, 2019

Semper Fortis Box #300478

I had visited this park during the summer when I was more into Waymarking than letterboxing and fell in love with it.  It honored so many different heroes that it made me feel good just to walk through the park.  So, I came back to Pennsylvania and thought about it and remembered a stamp that I had carved for Bill to honor his serving in the Navy during the Vietnam War.  I had never planted it because I just didn't find the right spot but I quickly realized that Memorial Park in DeBary, Florida, WAS the right spot.  So on my next trip down, I took the box along and it was the first one of 32 boxes that I planted in Florida for the Power Plant Challenge.  So far, I have received such positive feedback from the finders that I am so happy that they can enjoy this park as much as I do.
From the parking lot, pass by the display that is the star attraction in this park and head towards the tree line.
Head to the little green island between the two pavillions.
On the backside of the island, stand between the second and third oak trees.
A little right of the center of those two trees, look for a piece of concrete which anchors the box.
Please take the time to pay some silent respects to all who are honored here and to enjoy the many displays contained in this tiny park.
 

No comments: