Saturday, April 14, 2007

Kaleidoscope #1


KRAP YTNUOC OLLOPA

I passed by the sign for this little park while driving to another box and decided to turn around and see what was there. Boy, was I really glad that I did. It was a lovely little park in the middle of nowhere and looked like the perfect spot to place a box I have been carrying around for a few weeks. I also took the opportunity to try out my GPS which I received two Christmases ago and still can’t use. With it, I found that this walk is 1.2 miles long and there is a 226 foot elevation, so although it is not the most challenging walk I have ever taken, it isn’t really a walk for kids or those more out of shape than I am!
Begin at the beginning – take #1 from the parking lot and stay on #1, not hard to do since all the trails are named #1! When #1 splits, take the straight ahead #1.
As you approach a tree laying across the trail with a narrow cut in it to allow hikers to go through it, you will also catch your first glimpse of the Susquehanna River. Go through this narrow cut and continue on the trail.

You will pass several more trees which have been cut to allow people to remain on the trail. As the trail begins to go slightly downhill and you see a stone wall on the right and a full view of the river on the left, look for a long downed tree. Its root end is close to the trail. Go to its other end and look in the little niche on the river end of the tree. Please use only black ink on this stamp. Take it home to add color to it.

1/2/2010 -Box has been found in good condition by Idlemoon.  Thanks for the update!

No comments: